Thursday, July 22, 2010

Deployment Time

So here I am starting my very first blog (technically my 2nd, but the first I never did anything with).

My hubby deployed yesterday to Kuwait. I am not handleing it as well as I thought I would. It is much harder then when he left to go to San Diego in May.

I thought if I keep a blog or journal maybe it would help, and since I have crappy handwriting I am going to blog.

So, today was the official first day of him being gone. We got up and went to the San Diego zoo (we came down to see him off and are staying for a few extra days before driving home). So we went to the Zoo... I lasted about tem minutes before I had a meltdown.. I was in pain (from the Fibromyalgia) and I was seriously sad and missing my hubby. We managed to walk aroud for 45 minutes before I counldn't handle anything anymore and we had to leave. We went back to the lodge and I curled up and cry while my awesome daughter watched a movie. I finally got up at about 1pm and told her that we were going back and we were going to enjoy it.
She gave me a little cheer and encouragement.. imagine that, the child taking care of the mom...

On our way there we found out another friend, also a Navy wife down here visiting, was at the zoo so when we got there we met up. It was SO MUCH EASIER getting through my day having someone there. I didn't meltdown at all.

What did I learn from this experience? That for now, I am going to have to be with other people to make it through.. this is going to be hard since it is usually just me and Rachel-An. We do eveything together and by ourselves. That and I am really bad at asking for help or anything for that matter. I put up a good front and people think I am holding it all together when in reality I am not.

Well, this is all for now. I am waiting for hubby to call me now that they have made it to Kuwait!
Good night for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment